Despite only being available in the United States and the United Kingdom, Cash App is one of the most widely used peer-to-peer (P2P) money transfer apps today. In fact, the app is projected to have about 56.7 million monthly active users by 2024.
However, if you’re looking for something Cash App doesn’t offer—for instance, more crypto payment options as it only accepts Bitcoin (BTC) for crypto transfers—we’ve got some Cash App alternatives for you. In fact, you can sign up with an alternative now.
6 Crypto-Friendly Apps Like Cash App
Let’s dive into a few Cash App alternatives and their benefits, all of which are crypto-friendly as well.
Ka.app is an E.U.-based crypto payment app that allows you to send, spend, receive, and convert euros and some of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the market.
Top Benefits of Using Ka.app:
- Send crypto and Bitcoin payments online for free to other Ka.app users
- Buy and sell crypto with euros
- Create your own IBAN in the app
- Automatically receive payments in your preferred currency using the app’s easy crypto swap feature (e.g., receive BTC payments in USDT)
- Complete transactions within seconds, including international transfers
- Access to 90 crypto swap pairs
- Easily send crypto with QR code
- Option to earn up to 15% APY on your tokens (e.g., locking up KASTA tokens)
As of writing, Ka.app accepts BTC, Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), Cardano (ADA), Polygon (MATIC), Binance Coin (BNB), Polkadot (DOT), KASTA, and Binance USD (BUSD).
Founded in 1998, PayPal is one of the oldest digital payment systems in the market. It allows individuals and businesses from 200 countries to conveniently send and receive money online.
Top Benefits of Using PayPal:
- Accessibility and availability across the globe
- Advanced encryption technology
- Flexibility in funding sources
- Huge payment limits (up to $60,000 per transfer)
- Integration into various platforms, such as e-commerce sites
- Extra features like being able to use emojis and splitting bills
In 2022, PayPal announced that users from the U.S. and some U.S. territories, excluding Hawaii, can start sending and receiving four types of cryptocurrencies to other PayPal users and external wallets. These cryptocurrencies are BTC, ETH, Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and Litecoin (LTC).
Venmo is a U.S.-based mobile payment app founded in 2009 and was owned by Paypal since 2013. It enables users to instantly send money using their Venmo balance, from their debit card, bank account, or credit card.
Top Benefits of Using Venmo:
- Offers a convenient way to split bills or pay for goods and services
- Easy transfers to other individuals
- Easy to link your bank accounts or credit cards to the app
- Fun interactive features such as being able to like, comment, and share your payment activities
- Low fees for credit card payments
Venmo users in the United States, excluding Hawaii, can buy, sell, transfer, and hold four cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, BCH, and LTC.
Skrill is a digital wallet founded in 2001 and is based in the UK. Its parent company, Paysafe Limited, is a global payment solutions provider. With Skrill, users can make fast, cheap, and secure online payments.
Top Benefits of Using Skrill:
- One-touch payments
- Chargeback protection
- 100+ local payment methods available
- Instant bank transfers, supporting 3,000+ banks worldwide
- Has a loyalty program that allows you to earn points, bonuses, and rewards
Skrill users can buy and sell over 40 different cryptocurrencies and easily convert crypto to fiat.
Payeer is a digital wallet that allows users to store various digital assets, such as cash and cryptocurrencies. The company is headquartered in Estonia and was founded in 2019.
Top Benefits of Using Payeer:
- Available in 127 countries
- High payment limits
- 25+ international payment methods
- No chargebacks
- Simple integration
- Offers popular crypto trading pairs
Payeer accepts crypto payments in BTC, ETH, USDT, LTC, XRP, BCH, and DASH.
Headquartered in Belize, Advcash, short for Advanced Cash, is a digital payment platform that has been in the business since 2014. As of writing, the app has over 6 million international customers and provides payment solutions for individuals and companies alike.
Top Benefits of Using Advcash:
- Access to 20+ payment methods
- Supports 150+ countries
- 24/7 live agent support
- Easy crypto to cash conversions and vice versa
- Low deposit and withdrawal fees
- Offers ways to earn rewards on the cryptocurrencies you hold
In terms of cryptocurrencies, Advcash enables users to buy, deposit, withdraw, hold, and sell BTC, ETH, USDT, USDC, LTC, BCH, BNB, BUSD, and Ripple (XRP), among others.
While these are just some of the many Cash App alternatives available in the market, we hope this list has helped you find the P2P payment app you’re looking for. At the end of the day, what matters most is getting what you value in a payment platform, whether it’s ease of use, convenience, accessibility, security, etc.
What is a digital payment platform?
As its name suggests, a digital payment platform provides a convenient way to send, receive, and manage payments using digital channels such as mobile apps, websites, or other online platforms.
With a digital payment platform, users can transfer money, pay for goods and services, and conduct financial transactions without physical cash or other traditional payment methods.
Is Ka.app secure?
Yes. Ka.app uses the battle-tested, institutional-grade multiparty computation technology of Fireblocks to secure funds in storage and transit. This also protects assets against cyber-attacks and internal collusions.
The app also updates its software regularly and complies with legal requirements that help prevent money laundering, fraud, and other illegal activities.
How much are transfer fees on Ka.app?
Transferring funds to another Ka.app user is free if the recipient accepts the payment in the same currency (e.g., sent in BTC and received in BTC.) Otherwise, swap fees will apply. Swap rates may vary depending on whether you’ve locked up KASTA tokens in the app or not. Users who lock up KASTA in the app enjoy discounted swap fees as low as 0.376% of the transaction amount.
Which merchants or companies accept crypto payments?
Over 15,000 companies worldwide accept crypto payments, such as Twitch, airBaltic, Microsoft, and the Virgin Group to name a few. Meanwhile, some luxury brands that accept crypto payments include Balenciaga, Gucci, Off-White, and TAG Heuer among others.